A lovely large crowd of people brought a record-setting number of young people with them, many of whom ended up moist (that's a euphemism) from (parentally approved) play in outdoor puddles, romps through the back yard, climbs on the mulch pile, and other adventures. Quite a few people new to the Cornbread Suppers appeared this week, with and without children.
The left behind food labels for the evening included these:
- Chili with beef + beans + ??
- Grandma Neal's homegrown pepper relish (McCreary County) SPICY
- Zucchini and yellow squash saute' -- vegetarian, vegan
- Rhubarb Compote
- Chocolate pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream
- Trifle: Blue, black, and raspberries w/organic cream & yogurt
- Rice Pudding with Cinnamon - enjoy!
Cornbreads for the evening:
- New England (sweet) Corn Muffins with Reed Valley blueberries (vegetarian)
- Add-in Cornbread; corn, bacon, Campsie green garlic
- Traditional buttermilk hot water cornbread: sticks, muffins, pone