Two hot homemade pizzas arrived first, one with meat topping and one with a vegetarian topping that included pesto and carmelized onion. Oh, the happiness of the early arrivals, who rightly treated the pizzas as a first course that must be consumed Right Now!
Many other wonderful foods arrived, making a beautiful full table, along with a fine full house.
Some -- but not all -- of the dishes:
- Bean Stew
- Savory Vegan Pintos
- Mexican Cole Slaw (vegan)
- Spicy Pork Tamale Pie: Corn, Cheese, Roasted Hot Banana Peppers, no gluten
- Kentucky Black Skillet Hot Water Buttermilk Cornbread with Campsie Chives, Campsie Sage, and Parmesan; vegetarian, no gluten
- Homemade Country Butter: Slightly Tangy, fresh (not pasteurized)
- Spicy Eggplant Spreads
- Homemade Bread
- Chocolate Bundt Cake (named "Giant Chocolate Doughnut" by the children present)