On a delightful just warm-enough night, after storms and rain, people sat on the front porch in droves, and kids played in the street and around the house, running, running.
The food was so fall-like, rich and savory and still lightened by many fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Apple cabbage slaw with Asian dressing
- Local beans, tomatoes, basil. Oil from Oliva Bella. Various salt, pepper, vinegar.
- Chili w/beef
- Baba Ghanoush—London Ferrell Eggplant
- Beet Salad
- Pretzel Bites. Herb Greek Yogurt Dip
- Smashed potatoes w/basil pesto
- Honey Cornmeal Rounds
- Fall veggie bake: Spaghetti squash, roast tomatoes, onions, garlic, sweet peppers. Vegetarian.
One food ID slip, discovered outside, along with some stuffed animals and other evidence of children at play, reads: