Tonight's dinner brought together perhaps the most first-time Cornbreadians all at one time since the very first Supper in March, 2009. Tonight, students from a community-oriented class at Transylvania University, our near neighbor, visited. Young creatives settling into Lexington, or back into Lexington if they grew up here, also came in force. Fantastic!
- Bourbon-Glazed Shrimp (w/Bacon)
- Turnip Soup (has bacon)
- Maine Apple Sauce!
- Wheatberry, (or winterberry) with cherries, candied pecans, and citrus
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Peanut Butternut Squash Soup (Thai, not spicy)
- Spicy Veggie soup with beef
- Holbrook Sorghum (Morgan County) with Homemade Biscuits
- Polenta with Elmwood Stock Farm greens and Parmesan
- Flourless Chocolate Mocha Cake (eggs) with Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Oatmeal Cookies
- Page Oranges
The Campsie hellebores have been in bloom for weeks already in this crazy winter. We enjoyed them on the table tonight, along with a bit of lavender from the herb garden that has yet to go dormant.