Friday, July 20, 2012
Thursday, July 5, 2012
After days topping 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the three hottest days in Lexington history, we decided to have corn, but no cornbread, for this week's Supper. We invited everyone to bring cool dishes, and they did. Lovely.
Is anything cooler than cucumbers? It's not just a saying. They are cool, cooling coolest veggies.
Fruit and Quinoa Salad
Carrot-Beet Salad. No beating this. Coral!
Cantaloupe and blueberries with Helen Corbitt's Poppyseed Dressing
Homemade (warm) zucchini bread, homemade ice cream, homemade blackberry syrup
A fuller list, though we always miss some dishes:
- Coleslaw with Cranberries & Sunflower Seeds
- Johnson Avenue Beet & Carrot Salad w/Candied Ginger
- Green Beans, Tomatoes, Basil, Olive Oil, Balsamico
- Lentils, Cukes, Cilantro, Garlic, Lime
- Eggplant Caponata w/tomatoes and capers | Organic Chips (Gluten Free) | Jarlsberg Cheese & Amy's Sausage
- Corn Salad on Campsie Greens
- Quinoa Salad w/Fruit & Ginger
- Purslane Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Cantaloupe and Blueberries with Helen Corbitt's Poppy Seed Dressing
- Cucumbers Salad
- Zucchini Bread - Contains Pecans
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Fresh Kentucky Blackberry Nectar
Huge, delicious food, including the world's most beautiful beet jewels.
- Hillside Heritage Brats
- Kale Salad, Feta, & Red Onions
- Thai Curry: Wheat pasta, tamari, ginger, garlic, onion, curry paste, peas, garden green beans!
- Campsie "Gold of Bacau" Yellow Beans with Vinaigrette
- Apples off my tree
- Dressing: Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic, Lemon Verbena, Thyme, Lavender
- Broccoli Slaw
- Baby Field Greens, Arugula, Mushrooms, Walnuts, Cucumber, Purple Onion, Parmesan Shavings, Blueberries, Blackberries
- Red Potato Salad (with walnuts)
- Organic Veggies Roasted
- Nearby Beans, Tomatoes, Basil | Italian Olive Oil & Vinegar | Salt
- Homemade Baked Beans w/Browning's Bacon
- NYT Best Cornbread | Vegetarian | Gluten Free
- Blueberry Corn Muffins | Vegetarian | Gluten Free Tonight | Brown Rice & Tapioca Flours
- Homemade Oatmeal Cookies (not gluten free